1) Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external University issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead cross-functional or divisional teams or projects.
2) Provides specialized professional expertise in program management. Implements plans for educational programs and initiatives and acts as a liaison between the program and program participants.
3) Plans and develops program objectives and/or content. Researches and identifies trends and needs and establishes program directions accordingly.
4) Develops and administers program budgets and recommends or makes budgetary recommendations.
5) Serves as a key resource for program information. Resolves problems or questions referred by program staff, University administrators, or other contingencies.
6) Performs other related work as needed.
7) Conduct the monthly progress updates for budget and schedule, update budget forecasts, and identify critical and near-critical path activities. Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive budget and schedule status reports to Project Manager and sub-element managers.
8) Conduct cost variance analysis of reported data; identify trends and potential budget impacts; and review and analyze variances in budgeted versus actual expenditures.
9) Review and verify reported progress submittals and ensure they are reflected in the project schedule and budget. Incorporate approved changes into the baseline schedule and budget.
10) Monitor the overall integrity of the budget and schedule forecasts in accordance with accepted EIA-748 Earned Value Measurement principles. Calculate EAC and ETC on a monthly basis and report on trends.
11) Assist technical leadership in developing the activities, logic, and resources needs for their assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of a baseline schedule and budget and its subsequent maintenance.
12) Implement and comply with the required funding agencyâ™s progress monitoring and status reporting procedures.
13) Participate in reoccurring meetings with Level 2 schedulers to review cost and schedule performance to determine cost overruns/under-runs, or variances in budgeted versus actual activity duration.
14) Review task order requests, change orders, and amendments and assess their impact on budget and schedule. Ensure there is budget availability, the cost coding is accurate, and reporting requirements are satisfied.
15) Serve as central receiving point for all requests for project financial information and provide external interface support regarding cost and schedule inquiries from external sources. Perform other related work as needed.
1)Demonstrate knowledge and experience with complex, construction project schedules implemented in Oracle Primavera 6.
2)Ability to integrate information from multiple sources to form a comprehensive perspective
3)Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4)Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
5)Ability to perform in a business environment, maintaining professionalism in all communications and demeanor
6)Ability to prioritize and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion, with close attention to detail.
7)Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external colleagues.
8)Problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
9)Ability to effectively use personal computer software programs.
10)Budget management skills.
1) Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in a related field. In lieu of a degree 4+ years of experience with Project Control systems including scheduling using Primavera 6 and cost analysis using Deltek Cobra will be considered.
1) Guide Knowledge of US Government Accountability Office (GAO) Schedule Assessment Guide 2) Knowledge of US Government Accountability Office (GAO) Cost Estimating and Assessment
3) Experience with Microsoft Offie and advanced proficiency in Excel, eg. Pivot tables.
4) Experience with Earned Value Measurement reporting and IA-148 Earned Valued Measurement principles.
Licenses and Certifications
1) Certification in Earned Value Management Systems by industry organization
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08077
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.
BACK TO TOP
Cost Estimating Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ICEAA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Cost Estimating Career Center.