1. Prepares Invitation for Bid (IFB) and Request for Proposal (RFP) solicitation packages, including bid and proposal forms, special and general provisions to obtain bids or proposals to award contracts for consultant services, construction and rolling stock contracts with an estimated annual aggregate value in excess of $60 million.
2. Reviews proposed specifications and scopes of work. Coordinates review of IFB and RFP packages by appropriate departments, advises project manager of review results.
3. Performs technical and financial pre-qualification of proposing companies. Tabulates and compares bids for construction and rolling stock contract to the estimates. Reviews, analyzes and conducts price analysis of bids. Recommends award.
4. Reviews, analyzes and performs cost analysis of consultant proposals for services. Negotiates scopes of service, overhead rates, labor rates, fees, other direct costs, and terms and conditions. Recommends award.
5. Performs contract administration of existing consultant and construction services and rolling stock contracts by interpreting and applying contract terms and conditions with an aggregate value in excess of $150 million.
6. Reviews and analyzes change order requests. Coordinates technical review and estimates for change orders. Performs cost and price analysis. Negotiates change orders. Maintains procurement record for administration and auditing purposes.
7. Reviews, analyzes, negotiates and settles contractor claims; performs contract close outs.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration or related area and 6 years of experience in contract preparation and administration for major capital projects including, procurement experience in design-bid-build and design/build methods for major rolling stock, construction and professional services – preferably in both public and private sectors. Cost analysis skills and written and oral communication skills required. Proficiency in Word and Excel or equivalent software required. Experience in rolling stock procurements desired. Familiarity with FTA and State procurement guidelines and principles desired. Familiarity with engineering and construction contract issues desired. One year of closely related work experience can be substituted for each year of education required.
NJ TRANSIT is New Jersey's public transportation corporation. Its mission is to provide safe, reliable, convenient and cost-effective transit service with a skilled team of employees, dedicated to our customers' needs and committed to excellence. Covering a service area of 5,325 square miles, NJ TRANSIT is the nation's third largest provider of bus, rail and light rail transit, linking major poi...nts in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia. The agency operates a fleet of 2,027 buses, 711 trains and 45 light rail vehicles. On 236 bus routes and 12 rail lines statewide, NJ TRANSIT provides nearly 223 million passenger trips each year. NJ TRANSIT also administers several publicly funded transit programs for people with disabilities, senior citizens and people living in the state's rural areas who have no other means of transportation. In addition, the agency provides support and equipment to privately-owned contract bus carriers. As the vehicle that connects New Jerseyans with employment, education, health care and recreational opportunities in and around the Garden State, NJ TRANSIT is vital to the state's economic and social well-being, as well as its quality of life.